IF YOU WERE IN CONTROL OF CONGRESS, HOW WOULD YOU SUGGEST THEY REFORM OUR FOREIGN AID POLICY?
- Would you stop giving away our hard-earned taxpayer dollars to dictators and drug lords around the world, calling it foreign aid?
- Would you instead distribute food and supplies directly to those in need?
- Would you also stop paying farmers to not grow food? We should instead start paying them to grow more food, expand our domestic agriculture industry, put all Americans back to work, and then distribute that food (instead of taxpayer money) directly to the hungry both here at home and abroad. We don’t need to stop the help, but we do need to stop all monetary aid to all countries, immediately.
Would you stop giving away our hard-earned taxpayer dollars to dictators and drug lords around the world, calling it foreign aid?
We’re a compassionate people and it’s great that we help those in need, but we need to stop giving away hard-earned taxpayer dollars to corrupt political leaders of foreign countries for favors. If we really want to help the needy people around the world; if we really want to promote goodwill; if we really want to be seen as the good guys; then it’s time we change how we do things.
Remember, it’s taxpayer money that Congress is giving away, and that has to stop. We should be the ones to say how our money is spent, right? Again, let’s stop using it to bribe foreign leaders. If we really want to help countries in need, let’s help them by giving their people food, equipment, and training. Let’s distribute the supplies directly to the people, and let’s proudly display the American flag so we get credit for our generosity. America is an extremely generous nation and it’s about time all the world finally sees us in a different light.
Would you also stop paying farmers to not grow food?
Here’s what we need to do to not only reform our foreign aid policy, but also our domestic aid policy. We need to first stop paying farmers to not grow food. Instead, let’s pay them to grow excess food to feed the hungry here and abroad. Let’s put Americans back to work and let’s pay Americans to grow foreign aid crops to feed the world’s starving people. This would be a much better way to spend our hard-earned taxpayer dollars, rather than simply giving our money to corrupt dictators and warlords.
We then need to:
- Set up state-sponsored and managed agricultural centers/farms and grow food for the sole purpose of feeding the hungry; not sell on the open market. We need to distribute the food, not taxpayer dollars, to feed the hungry, both in this country and around the world. We can get millions of our urban and rural Americans off unemployment and put them to work in the agricultural centers.
- Strategically place most of the agricultural centers/farms reasonably close to impoverished metro areas. We should place other agricultural centers/farms in every rural area that has lost its local industry.
- Use the National Guard to pick-up and distribute the food to the needy in our country.
- Use our military to distribute food and supplies directly to the people of starving countries around the world (if and when we ever get back to a peacetime military). It’s simple. We send our military into a needy country to set up portable distribution centers throughout the country. We then use our military to guarantee that the supplies go directly to the people, not to warlords or dictators.
- Supply the impoverished people with rudimentary tools to grow their own food and teach them how to eventually provide for themselves. The people see the American flag on our soldiers’ uniforms; they see American soldiers passing out the food and supplies they so desperately need; they see and appreciate the real America!
If we really want to help needy people around the world; if we really want to promote goodwill; if we really want to be seen as the good guys; it’s time we change the way we do things. It’s time we use some Common Sense.